Friday, September 07, 2007

A rude awakening.

I can't get back to sleep. Alex had "night terror" and woke me up at 2:45am. He wet himself as well, had to change him and I can't get back to sleep.

I don't think he has been well since Tuesday. He had a sniffle here and there, felt warm all over but no fever. I did noticed that he is slightly taller when I bathe him - could it be a growing spurt?

There were quite a few tantrums here and there - short ones (thank god) - I gave him some leeway but last night, I told him "no more tantrums or I'll give you reason to cry". Guess what? He stopped and looked at me. Just like that!

Amanda, the inclusion officer who visits him at nursery is back in action. She saw him on Wednesday and was really pleased with his progress. I was told that Alex said her name and asked for "more". I could believe that because he has been making progress with his speech.

Anyway, Amanda wants to see me next week to talk about Alex. She wants to give me some tips on how to encourage Alex to talk. Any help welcomed - Can't wait.

I am going back to bed and try to get some sleep now.

No comments: