Saturday, May 09, 2009

"Bee Go Away"

It was a long wait, it came and still a long way to go.


"A bee, a bee ..... Bee Go Away" 

Alex, our chatterbox cannot stop talking. I am not complaining, trust me ..... His speech is coming along, and for what seemed like eternity, I can finally have a decent conversation with my son. Far from perfect I know, but he is trying his best. It's still not very clear but I try to understand and repeat what he meant to say - he tries his best to correct them when possible. 

I am so proud of him and no word can describe how I feel. I have never doubted this day will come and by believing .... when it finally came, it sounded better than I imagined.

All these started when he turned five, a little at a time and then nothing much happened. Suddenly, everything came along just over a month ago. His vocabulary grew, he comment on everything he sees. He is more confident and most of all, he is so proud of himself.

To all the parents with children diagnosed with Apraxia of Speech, don't give up, believe that this day will come. No one can tell you when but when it does happen, it's the best feeling in the world.

No comments: