Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Discharged!

Well, I didn't want to say anything until I am sure of it.


If I have shared this much earlier, one thing will happen and that is my sisters reading this will get panic and either write or phone me to find out. I believe it would be the latter. My sisters, bless them .... cares deeply for me and me them.

About six weeks ago, I had this constant headache in the morning. It went on for four weeks and I thought I better check with my GP. He did some test on me and then prescribe pain killers (which I didn't want to take). He told me to get my eyes tested and would refer me to Wexham Park Hospital's Neurology Clinic (just to be on the safe side).

About a week after my appointment with my GP, I received a letter from Dr Wade's Neurology Clinic confirming my appointment on Monday, 13th October. Meanwhile, I called Boots to make an appointment to see the Optician.

Monday came, dropped Alex with my in-laws and went to the hospital for my 9:40am appointment. As soon as I arrived, I went in to see Dr. Wade, did some test, looking into my eyes with a torchlight, checking my peripheral vision and reaction etc. Was told that nothing's wrong but he would like me to get a blood test and a CT Scan (just to be on the safe side). Will see me in two weeks after receiving the tests results. In and out of the appointment in less than 15 minutes. Both Jeremy and I were wayyyyyyy impressed with the National Health Service.

The next day, I went to have my eyes tested. I need glasses .... I am astigmatic. I was told that I need glasses to read and when on the computer. Boo Hoo .... after dodging glasses for over three decades, I need them now.

Blood Test, Friday 17th October. Three tubes of blood were taken and Boy ..... it hurts but not too badly.

Thursday, 23rd October - CT Scan. Again in and out of the appointment in 15 minutes. Very impressed as well.

Yesterday, 27th October. Dr Wade .... all clear and I am being discharged. I was told that I have a round head and that I have a good normal brain. No malignant growth and my blood test also showed that my cholesterol level is normal (not bad for a thirty something hitting the 4 0 next year) I told Dr Wade that I am disappointed as I thought I was a genius and having a normal brain was not good news to me. We shared a laugh and Boy ..... am I relieved! 

All in all, I have to give top marks to every services I received from NHS and thanks to all the great people working for the service.

No comments: