Tuesday, April 21, 2009

When I grow up, I want to be .....

Jeremy and I often have this talk about what we think Alex might be ... when he grows up. 


We've always said that he will do fine even if he is just a shelf stacker at Sainsbury's ... as long as he's happy. It all started with him stacking his blocks and grouping his cars and planes. That was then and every so often, we change our mind. From singer songwriter (when he picks up a guitar) to City Transport Planner (when he play with his trains and airport sets). I am not joking about the CTP as when he plays with them, he planned his airport, train station, car park, petrol/gas station and hotels meticulously.

Well, after today's attempted nap time ... unsuccessfully, my son is going to be a doctor. Why? Because he said so!

I was laying next to Alex ... trying to get him to sleep. One whole hour of bribing, threatening, cajoling and nothing worked. While I was doing all that, something caught his attention. He tried to open my mouth and when I did, he looked real hard and then said "moon" meaning he wanted some light to see. I gave him my small torch and he looked inside my mouth. He then said "mama" and then he coughed. I said, "Why are you coughing?" he then repeat himself again and then ran to the back room rummaging through his toys. Guess what he came back with? A toy screwdriver in one hand and a torch in the other. He then repeat himself again.

I then knew what he meant and said "Are you saying mummy's sick?" he then said "Okah" meaning yes and I opened my mouth. Using his screwdriver, he prodded my tongue and then said "ah" and I did as told. I then asked him, are you the doctor? he said "Okah" and smiled.

I love watching my son play and I believe he will be fine .... with lots of love and encouragement, hope and believe.

No comments: